Co-host Mike & Mike in the Morning
Mike Golic is co-host of ESPN Radio’s popular Mike & Mike in the Morning show (6-10 a.m. ET M-F), which premiered October 12, 1998 and is carried by more than 310 affiliates nationwide. He also serves as an analyst for ESPN and ESPN2’s NFL studio programming. On January 2006, Mike & Mike in the Morning, which had been simulcast on ESPNEWS (45 million homes at the time) since April 2004, moved its simulcast to ESPN2 (89 million homes at the time, 99 million now). Co-hosts Golic and Mike Greenberg have also made multiple appearances on Late Night with David Letterman.
Golic joined ESPN in 1995 as an NFL reporter/analyst for Sunday NFL Countdown. He has also worked as color commentator for the Arena Football League (1996-98, 2007-08) and the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars pre-season games (1995-98). In 1998, Golic began serving as college football analyst for ESPN and ABC, and was an original analyst for NFL 2Night, ESPN2’s weeknight news and information program which ran through the 2002 season. Beginning in 2003, he held a similar position on ESPN2’s NFL Live.
Golic is a nine-year NFL veteran, playing defensive tackle for the Houston Oilers, Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins. During his seven years in Philadelphia, he began his television career with a weekly segment on the Randall Cunningham Show. He received a Mid-Atlantic Region Emmy Award for his feature “Golic’s Got It.”
As Mike & Mike in the Morning co-host, Golic:
- Appeared in an ESPN primetime special Mike & Mike at Night (Aug. 13, 2004)
- Mike & Mike were featured in ESPN Radio’s first national on-air promos
- Appeared in prime time drama TILT (March 10, 2005)
- Co-hosted primetime series League Night (debuted April-May 2005)
- Appears on-line in ESPN.com’s “Off Mikes” cartoon£
- Was an Arena Football League analyst
- Was a special commentators on ESPN and ABC’s live coverage of the Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals from Washington, D.C. on May 31, 2007
- Was an analyst for Monday Night Football doubleheader games in 2007-08-09
- Was a “guest conductor” at Wrigley Field, leading Cubs fans in singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” in June 2008
- Appeared with Mike Greenberg on the TV series Guiding Light in 2008.
- Announced and played in Legends Game at Yankees Stadium in July 2008
- Served as guest emcee at White House Tee Ball game on the South Lawn and attended official White House dinner in July 2008
- Downed wings in an in-studio competitive-eating event against three of the world’s best competitive eaters on May 1, 2008
- Endured an in-studio waxing on April 29, 2009
- Received Sports Emmy in new-media category — Achievement in Content for Non-Traditional Delivery
In December 2005, the Mikes were featured in ESPN Radio’s first national, broadcast promos.
Born December 12, 1962, Golic is a 1985 graduate of the University of Notre Dame where he served as captain of the football team during his senior season and wrestled. Golic is married with three children.
- 30 -