No one told ESPN2’s SportsNation that the holidays are normally a time for cheers. This Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 23, at 4 p.m. ET, SportsNation will celebrate “101 Holiday Jeers,” the definitive collection of the worst spills, fails and bloopers of 2010. Drawing from the opinions of the show’s more than 500,000 Facebook fans and 750,000 Twitter followers, SportsNation has compiled the worst plays that made fans laugh, cry and cringe this year. Sparing no one, the clips include the most embarrassing moments and web sensations suffered by athletes, fans, mascots and even animals this past year. Join the jeering as SportsNation toasts those who may want to forget 2010.
In addition, Holiday Hoops Presented by Kay Jewelers is in full swing heading into the holiday weekend, including late-round games from the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic and the inaugural Cancun Governor’s Cup. All ESPN2 games are simulcast on ESPN3.com. Highlights:
- ESPNU will offer a quarterfinal matchup at the Diamond Head Classic between Florida State and Hawai’i Thursday, Dec. 23, at 1 a.m., plus later that day the first semifinal game at 6:30 p.m. The consolation round is also on ESPNU, featuring games Thursday, Dec. 23, at 4:30 p.m. and Friday, Dec. 24, at 12:30 p.m.;
- ESPN2 is televising the later rounds of the Diamond Head Classic – the second semifinal game Thursday, Dec. 23, at 10 p.m., the third-place game Saturday, Dec. 25, at 7:30 p.m. and the championship game at 9:30 p.m.;
- Both semifinal games of the Cancun Governor’s Cup Thursday, Dec. 23, at 2:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., on ESPNU. The third-place game will air Christmas Eve, Friday, Dec. 24, at 7 p.m., followed by the championship game at 9 p.m., both on ESPN2;
- Top-25 matchups between No. 9 Georgetown at No. 17 Memphis Thursday, Dec. 23, at 8 p.m. on ESPN2 and a BIG EAST tilt involving No. 4 Connecticut at No. 6 Pittsburgh Monday, Dec. 27, at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN2;
- Two ESPN3.com exclusive games – No. 16 Minnesota hosting South Dakota State Thursday, Dec. 23, at 8 p.m. and Richmond at Seton Hall Sunday, Dec. 26, at noon.
- 30 -