Players from Every ACC Team and All 12 Mascots Descend upon ESPNU Studios Oct. 17
ESPNU will host every Atlantic Coast Conference head coach, plus players and mascots from each team at its Charlotte, N.C. studios on Wednesday, Oct. 17 during the network’s third annual ESPNU ACC Media Day Special. Coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET with three hours of live ACC interviews and continues throughout the day with six total hours of basketball media days coverage, including insight and reports from the BIG EAST and Big 12.
College basketball media day specials will continue on Oct. 25-26 with coverage of the Big Ten and SEC.
2012 ACC Basketball Media Day Highlights:
- ESPNU Hosts Dari Nowkhah and Matt Schick will be alongside college basketball analysts Jay Bilas, Dino Gaudio and Bruce Pearl, in addition to contributions from Jimmy Dykes, Jay Williams and reporter Andy Katz
- All 12 ACC head coaches will be in-studio once again for interviews and previews. Each coach will appear in one of two half-hour shows at 6 & 6:30 p.m., The Experts: ACC Coaches Roundtable, and in “Coaches Clickers” segments (similar to ESPNU Film Room)
- ACC players will be on hand, not only for interviews, but also for a skills display on ESPNU’s basketball court; ACC players anticipated in studio:
- Boston College: Ryan Anderson & Dennis Clifford
- Clemson: Devin Booker & Milton Jennings
- Duke: Mason Plumlee & Seth Curry
- Florida State: Michael Snaer & Ian Miller
- Georgia Tech: Mfon Udofia & Daniel Miller
- Maryland: Nick Faust & James Padgett
- Miami (Fla.): Durand Scott & Reggie Johnson
- North Carolina: Reggie Bullock & James Michael McAdoo
- NC State: C.J. Leslie & Richard Howell
- Virginia: Jontel Evans & Joe Harris
- Virginia Tech: Erick Green & Jarell Eddie
- Wake Forest: C.J. Harris & Travis McKie
- All 12 ACC mascots will be making their first national television appearance as part of ACC Media Day Special at the ESPNU studios
|Date||Time (ET)||Media Days Programming (Analysts/Conference Coverage)|
|Wed, Oct. 17||1 – 4 p.m.||College Basketball Live: ACC Media Day Special
(ACC: Jay Bilas, Bruce Pearl, Dino Gaudio, Jimmy Dykes, Jay Williams)
|6-7 p.m.||The Experts: ACC Coaches Roundtable
(ACC: Jay Bilas and All 12 ACC head coaches)
|9 -11 p.m.||College Basketball Live: Media Day Special
(ACC, BIG EAST, Big 12: Bruce Pearl & Dino Gaudio)
|Thu, Oct. 25||2:30 – 4 p.m.||College Basketball Live: Media Day Special
(Big Ten, SEC: Seth Greenberg & Dino Gaudio)
|Fri, Oct. 26||2:30 – 4 p.m.||College Basketball Live: Media Day Special
(Big Ten, SEC: Dino Gaudio & Matt Doherty)
The 2012-2013 season is part of ESPN’s long-term agreement for exclusive rights to every ACC basketball conference game. ACC action on ESPN platforms continues this year with Super Tuesday, Wednesday Night Hoops, Thursday Night Showcase and Saturdays, along with the weekly franchise ACC Sunday Night Basketball on ESPNU.
ESPNU will air more than 350 men’s and women’s basketball games this season, including action from all 31 NCAA Division I Conferences.
The 24-hour college sports television network airs more than 650 live events annually and offers over 600 original studio shows. ESPNU has seen a steady increase since its inception on March 4, 2005 and is now in over 73 million households. The brand is also available in high definition on ESPNUHD, now in over 20 million homes. The network has long-term carriage agreements with all 10 of the top multichannel TV providers – Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV (Channel 208), DISH Network (Channel 141), Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS TV and AT&T U-verse.
– 30 –
Media Contact: Gracie.Blackburn@espn.com