ESPN’s weekly BCS discussion and analysis show will begin Sunday, Oct. 7, a week before the first BCS Standings are released Sunday, Oct. 14. Hosted by Rece Davis, BCS Countdown will air weekly at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN and 9 p.m. on ESPNU with a variety of analysts, including Jesse Palmer and David Pollack in studio and Kirk Herbstreit via satellite.
- Breakdown each team’s position and the analysts own selections
- Focus on which teams which have the toughest road to the Discover BCS National Championship Game (Jan. 7, at 8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN Radio)
- Emphasis on which teams have the best opportunity to move up in standings
- Debate on the BCS Standings and analysis of the top team’s resumes
- Possible interviews with coaches positioned in the BCS Standings
The nine-week show will conclude on the final weekend of the regular season, Sunday, Dec. 2, with The Discover Card BCS Selection Show at 8:30 p.m., followed by the College Football Bowl Selection Special Presented by Chevrolet at 9 p.m.