ESPN Deportes Debuts A Los Golpes
New original boxing series premieres October 29 and features world champion Julio César Chávez Sr. and renowned boxing analysts
A Los Golpes, ESPN Deportes’ new weekly primetime boxing news and analysis show, debuts Monday, October 29 at 7:30 p.m. ET and features Julio César Chávez Sr. as guest analyst and Bernardo Osuna and David Faitelson as hosts.
The 30-minute series – produced from ESPN’s Los Angeles studios, a city that is home to some of the nation’s largest boxing communities – will capture all the weekend’s action and serve as a post-fight arena filled with expert opinion, debate, analysis and boxing tips. Viewers will be able to interact with the program by phone and online.
“Boxing remains a staple sport for Latinos from all countries and across all levels of acculturation,” said Lino Garcia, general manager, ESPN Deportes. “We aim to deliver excellent, culturally relevant programming to fans, and A Los Golpes offers exactly that – a show fully devoted to boxing, hosted by one of the world’s most renowned boxers and veteran boxing experts.”
With expert commentary and analysis, A Los Golpes’ audience will enjoy the best match breakdown and information available on the sport with the most recognized names in boxing:
- David Faitelson – Faitelson draws his expertise from more than two decades of sports journalism. These experiences include hosting Crónometro and Nación ESPN and Raza Deportiva. He is best known for his hard-hitting reporting style and his deep knowledge of boxing.
- Bernardo Osuna – ESPN’s Friday Night Fights host is one of the most honored boxing journalists in the industry. With more than 17 years covering boxing, Osuna provides valuable insight and knowledge, in addition to his ability to connect with U.S. and international fans. Osuna is ESPN Deportes’ West Coast Bureau Reporter and Boxing Analyst.
- Julio César Chávez Sr. – In a career that spanned over 25 years, Chavez is considered the greatest fighter ever to come out of Mexico. He has won six world titles in three weight divisions and for several years was considered the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world. He was inducted in the prestigious International Boxing Hall of Fame for the Class of 2011 and is the father of current WBC Middleweight Champion, Julio César Chávez, Jr.
“I am proud and excited to join A Los Golpes as guest analyst,” said Julio César Chávez Sr. “ESPN Deportes is giving me the opportunity to look at boxing from the other side of the ring, and share boxing news and my professional experiences with the U.S. Hispanic community.”
A Los Golpes features segments recapping the weekend’s action and looking ahead to upcoming matchups. The new show includes:
- The Punch of the Week – In which the most powerful news of the week will be a knockdown by the contenders.
- Face to Face – High profile boxing personalities interviewed in a casual atmosphere.
- The Champion’s Corner – Julio César Chávez Sr., recurring guest analyst, gives tips on how to win a fight or knock down an opponent.
- Fight Plan – Talent and analysts go over the strategies boxers should use to win.
- Champion Ranking – A fan-based vote determines the week’s Pound-for-Pound World Top Ten boxers.
- Liver Punch or Below the Belt – A section determining if a topic is a “Liver Punch” or “Below the Belt.”
- Other include: Throw in the Towel, Power Punches, Knock Out of the Week, Thank the Bell and Eight Count.
Gabriela Nuñez at 646-547-5613 email@example.com