ESPN will showcase four of the all-time winningest programs in the State Farm Champions Classic doubleheader Tuesday, Nov. 13. The matchups from Atlanta’s Georgia Dome, site of this year’s Final Four, will pit No. 14 Michigan State vs. No. 7 Kansas at 7 p.m. and No. 8 Duke vs. No. 3 Kentucky at 9 p.m. Both games will also be available on ESPN 3D and WatchESPN -– on computers at WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app.
Kentucky holds an 11-8 all-time series lead against Duke, but lost the last meeting between the programs in 2001. Michigan State has won five of nine games against Kansas, including two victories in 2009.
Champions Classic Highlights
- Dan Shulman will have the call of both games, along with reporter Andy Katz.
- Jay Bilas will be the analyst on the first matchup and Dick Vitale will be on the Duke-Kentucky game.
- Bob Knight will feature his coaching expertise as he watches each game evolve from his own analysis area. He will offer insight during the game on what he sees as well as provide analytical “x and o” breakdown with his Knight Vision franchise.
- Both games are part of ESPN’s Journey to the Tourney – a season-long spotlight on games that will have an impact on the NCAA Championship.
- ESPN’s College GameDay Covered by State Farm crew of Rece Davis, Jay Bilas, Digger Phelps and new addition Jalen Rose will begin the night with 6 p.m. special live from Atlanta, as well as halftimes and between game coverage.
- Join the conversation and follow on Twitter: @espncbb, #ChampionsClassic.