Alabama Favored to Win Discover BCS National Championship over Notre Dame
For the third straight year, ESPN platforms will have full coverage of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS). All five games can be found on ESPN, WatchESPN, ESPN Radio and ESPN Deportes, while the Allstate Sugar Bowl and Discover BCS National Championship can also be seen on ESPN 3D. In anticipation of the upcoming games, several of ESPN’s top analysts took a chance naming their predicted the winners.
ESPN analysts’ selections are as followed:
- No. 6 Stanford is the favorite to top Wisconsin as the winner of the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 5 p.m. ET) – securing 83 percent of the picks.
- No. 12 Florida State received all 14 votes from ESPN analysts to be victorious over No. 15 Northern Illinois in the Discover Orange Bowl (Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m.).
- No. 3 Florida claimed 83 percent of the analysts picks over No. 21 Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl (Jan. 2, 8:30 p.m.).
- In a matchup of top-five opponents – No. 4 Oregon garnered 92 percent (12-of-13 votes) to beat No. 5 Kansas State in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (Jan. 3, 8:30 p.m.).
- The Discover BCS National Championship (Jan. 7, 8:30 p.m.) featuring an undefeated and top-ranked Notre Dame vs. No. 2 Alabama – has Alabama as the favorite to win with 75 percent of the selections.
ESPN Analysts BCS Picks
|Mike Bellotti||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
|Todd Blackledge||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||—||—|
|Ed Cunningham||Wisconsin||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
|Joey Galloway||Wisconsin||Florida State||Louisville||Oregon||Alabama|
|Rod Gilmore||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||—|
|Brian Griese||—||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
|Dan Hawkins||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
|Brock Huard||Stanford||Florida State||Louisville||Oregon||Alabama|
|Danny Kanell||Stanford||Florida State||—||Oregon||Notre Dame|
|Trevor Matich||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Notre Dame|
|Jesse Palmer||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
|Chris Spielman||Stanford||Florida State||—||Oregon||Notre Dame|
|Matt Stinchcomb||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Kansas St.||Alabama|
|Andre Ware||Stanford||Florida State||Florida||Oregon||Alabama|
ESPN analysts did not pick games they are working studio on or calling
|Rose Bowl||Stanford – 85%||Wisconsin – 15%|
|Fiesta Bowl||Oregon – 92%||Kansas State – 8%|
|Sugar Bowl||Florida – 83%||Louisville – 17%|
|Orange Bowl||Florida State – 100%||Northern Illinois – 0%|
|National Championship||Alabama – 75%||Notre Dame – 25%|