Attendees include Larry Scott, Sanya Richards-Ross, Allyson Felix, Gabrielle Reece, Julie Foudy, Laura Desmond and Amy Jo Martin; Key Panels Available for Viewing Via Livestream
espnW will again unite top female athletes and sports leaders for the fourth annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit, October 9-11, in Dana Point, Calif. This year’s Summit will focus on the significant role women play in the sports world through a mix of panel discussions, interactive work sessions and speakers. This year’s Summit speakers include sprinter and five-time Olympic medalist Sanya Richard-Ross, sprinter and six-time Olympic medalist Allyson Felix, soccer icon Julie Foudy, beach volleyball player and fitness expert Gabrielle Reece, swimmer and four-time Olympic medalist Summer Sanders, future Sochi Olympians freestyle skier Grete Eliassen and two-time U.S. national figure skating champion Ashley Wagner. Industry leaders include Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott, Burton’s Donna Carpenter, Women’s Sports Foundation’s CEO Kathryn Olson, Starcom Media Vest CEO Laura Desmond, Digital Royalty CEO Amy Jo Martin, ESPN President John Skipper and ESPN Executive Vice President & CFO Christine Driessen. SportsCenter co-host Sage Steele will emcee the three-day event.
“This year’s Summit is built around the theme of Making An Impact. We are bringing together the industry’s brightest minds to do just that- make an impact- and advance the position of women in sports,” said Laura Gentile, vice president, espnW. “The agenda is rich with powerful speakers who all share the common goal of creating positive change.”
Highlights of this year’s agenda include:
– World-Class Athlete Q&A- “An Athlete’s Perspective: Balancing Sports + Life” – panelists include Sanya Richards-Ross, Allyson Felix and Olympic snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis
– Athlete Marketing: Building a Long-term Brand – panelists include Gabrielle Reece and Summer Sanders
– Social media and innovation workshop with Amy Jo Martin
– Interactive work session- Female-focused Non-Profits: Making an Impact – panelists include director of Cycle for Survival Katie Kotkins, I am that Girl executive director Emily Greener, CEO of Women’s Sports Foundation Kathryn Olson and CEO of the Bay Area Women’s Sports Initiative Marlene Bjornsrud
– W Power Talks: speakers include Larry Scott, Julie Foudy, ESPN’s Tom Farrey, NCAA vice president of women’s basketball championships Anucha Browne and Hall of Fame softball coach Sue Enquist
– A Global Perspective: The Impact of Women’s Sports Around the World – panelists include U.S. Olympic sabre fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad
– Interactive work session– Lifestyle Sports: Marketing to the Active Woman – panelists include Burton’s Donna Carpenter and Giant Bicycles GM Elysa Walk
– Women + the Evolving Technology and Media Landscape – keynote by Laura Desmond
Additional participants and details will be announced closer to the Summit. Select panels and keynote speakers will be available through Livestream.
Kerri Walsh, Sloane Stephens, Aly Raisman and others share their thoughts in this video wrap from 2012 Summit
The fourth annual three-day conference, the premier event of its kind, will be held at the St. Regis Monarch Beach. For more information about the espnW: Women + Sports Summit and to see the complete agenda visit espnWsummit.com or follow on Twitter with @espnW and #espnWsummit.
espnW’s mission is to serve women as fans and athletes. espnW.com provides an engaging environment that offers total access to female athletes and the sports they play, takes fans inside the biggest events, and shares a unique point of view on the sports stories that matter most to women. Founded in July, 2010, espnW lives across television, films, events, digital and social platforms. The annual espnW: Women + Sports Summit is the leading event of its kind in the sports industry. The Women’s Sports Foundation is a charity of choice for espnW.