Listeners encouraged to “Say Hi” for chance to win trip to ESPN headquarters and grand prize trip to Hawaii
ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike has launched a contest encouraging listeners around the country to tune in for a daily “winning word or phrase” prompting them to enter to win exclusive prizes – including an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii. The six-week campaign, which kicked off today, Monday, Oct. 7, encourages listeners to call, text, tweet or visit espnradio.com, registering with the winning word of the day. The promotion runs through Friday, Nov. 15.
“We are excited to launch the first-of-its-kind Say Hi to the Mikes campaign,” said Scott Shapiro, program director, ESPN Audio. “We have so many loyal fans and this is our chance to reward them with prizes, including meeting the guys who make the show truly special – Mike and Mike.”
Every day, one entrant with the correct “winning word” will be randomly selected. Each week, one of the daily winners will be crowned the Weekly Winner and will qualify for a trip to ESPN’s Bristol, Conn, headquarters on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, where they will appear on that morning’s live broadcast of Mike & Mike. During that show, the winner of the Grand Prize trip to Hawaii will be announced.
Throughout the promotion, the daily “winning word” will be revealed live during Mike & Mike broadcasts. Listeners can enter to win by calling 855-ESPN-WIN, texting 777000 or logging on to espnradio.com/SayHiToTheMikes. Listeners can also join the “Say Hi to the Mikes” conversation on Twitter by following @MikeandMike and #AlohaMikes. Fans who tweet the #AlohaMikes hashtag at any point during the promotion will be entered to win one of three weekly prize packs.
One Grand Prize Winner:
- Round-trip transportation for a six day/five night trip to Hawaii for winner and three guests
- Onsite activities, designed specifically by Greeny and Golic – including golf, surfing lessons, private catamaran experience and a spa day. The winner will select a preferred “activities package.”.
- In-market transportation including airport transfers to/from Honolulu International Airport and to/from planned ESPN activities
- Meals and onsite entertainment for six days/five nights
- January 24 – 29, 2014
Six Weekly Winners:
- Round-trip transportation to ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Conn., for winners and one guest
- One night hotel accommodations
- Welcome reception hosted by ESPN Radio
- Breakfast and lunch on ESPN campus
- Meet and greet with Greeny and Golic and on-air appearance on Mike & Mike national show
- Mike & Mike gift bag
- Mike & Mike t-shirt and baseball hat
Mike & Mike is broadcast nationally from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. ET, Monday – Friday, on ESPN Radio, espnradio.com, ESPN Radio app and syndicated on ESPN2.
About ESPN Audio
ESPN Radio, the country’s largest sports radio network, ESPN Deportes Radio, ESPNRadio.com, and ESPN Podcasts comprise ESPN Audio.
ESPN Radio, which launched January 1,1992, provides more than 9,000 hours of talk and event content annually, reaching 24 million listeners a week on 450 nationwide stations, including more than 360 full-time affiliates and clearance in the top 25 markets with owned and/or operated FM stations in New York and Dallas, AM signals in Chicago and Los Angeles. ESPN Radio programming is also available on Sirius XM and via digital distributors Slacker Radio and Tune In. ESPN Deportes Radio is the only all-sports Spanish radio network, and has 46 affiliates covering 72% of the Hispanic DMA with stations in the top 10 Hispanic markets, including owned and/or operated stations in New York and Dallas.
ESPNRadio.com is the most listened to live stream of any terrestrial broadcaster in the world — reaching more than 714,000 unique listeners per month who logged more than 95.3 million total listening hours in 2012, with 11.2 million session starts per month (source: Ando Media). ESPN Podcasts logged 188.8 million completed downloads in 2012 via the ESPN PodCenter and iTunes.