Culminates from Bankers Life Fieldhouse with the State Farm Champions Classic in Indianapolis
ESPN’s seventh annual College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon – more than 24 hours of consecutive coverage to mark the start of the 2014-15 season over Monday, Nov. 17 and Tuesday, Nov. 18 – will feature 19 men’s and women’s college basketball games across ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. The schedule includes 17 men’s games and two top-25 women’s matchups concluding with the fourth annual State Farm Champions Classic from Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The neutral-site, early-season men’s doubleheader that matches four of the winningest programs against each other begins with College GameDay Covered by State Farm from inside the arena at 6 p.m. ET, followed by preseason-ranked No. 18 Michigan State vs. No. 2 Duke at 7 p.m. and No. 10 Kansas vs. No. 1 Kentucky at 9 p.m. – all on ESPN.
The Marathon will include nine straight games tipping off every two hours beginning Monday with an ESPN2 tripleheader at 7 p.m., 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., plus two games on ESPNU. ESPN’s schedule of five consecutive games starts at noon on Tuesday and concludes with the State Farm Champions Classic. ESPN2 will also televise a Tuesday primetime doubleheader at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Eleven teams in the ESPN.com men’s preseason top 25 poll are playing in this year’s Marathon, including the State Farm Champions Classic field.
- No. 9 Florida hosts in-state rival Miami in a marathon-opening game at 7 p.m. on ESPNU.
- A top-25 matchup of No. 12 SMU at No. 15 Gonzaga closes out ESPN2’s Monday night’s play at 11 p.m.
Also on Monday at 11 p.m. in a Legends Classic matchup, No. 22 Oregon hosts Detroit on ESPNU.
- No. 5 Wichita State, which had a magical 35-1 season in 2013-14, plays Memphis at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, S.D., on Tuesday, at 2 p.m. on ESPN.
- Tuesday’s schedule also includes No. 20 San Diego State hosting Utah at 4 p.m. on ESPN and No. 14 VCU at home against Toledo at 6 p.m. on ESPNU as part of the Legends Classic.
- Twenty-six men’s teams participated in 2014 postseason play in the NCAA Championship (19) and NIT (7).
- Kentucky played for the national title, Florida advanced to the Final Four, Michigan State was an Elite Eight participant and Baylor earned a Sweet 16 berth.
- Second-round participants included Duke, Colorado, Manhattan, New Mexico State, Ohio State, UMass, VCU and Wofford, while third-round teams were Gonzaga, Kentucky, Memphis, Oregon, San Diego State, Stephen F. Austin and Wichita State.
- SMU played for the NIT title, while High Point, Iona, LSU, Saint Mary’s, Toledo and Utah all earned berths.
- Four women’s teams ranked in espnW.com 2014-15 pre-preseason top 25 open the seventh annual marathon with an ESPN2 doubleheader on Monday.
- Two-time defending national champion Connecticut plays at 2014 Final Four participant and No. 20 Stanford in the second game at 9 p.m.
- No. 13 Baylor will face off against Kentucky (ranked No. 6), a team they knocked off in the 2014 Sweet 16, in the first matchup at 7 p.m.
- Nineteen conferences are represented including six appearances from the Southeastern Conference (SEC) and four from the Big 12 and Pac-12.
- Additional conferences featured: Atlantic Coast (2), American (3), Atlantic 10 (2), BIG EAST (1), Big Ten (2), Big South (1), Big West (1), Horizon (1), Mid-American (1), Metro Atlantic Athletic (2), Missouri Valley (2), Mountain West (1), Southern (1), Southland (1), West Coast (2) and Western Athletic (1).
All telecasts will also be available through WatchESPN, accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, and streamed on televisions through Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 or Xbox One to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.
2014 College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon Schedule (subject to change)
|Mon, Nov 17||7 p.m.||No. 13 Baylor at No. 6 Kentucky women||ESPN2|
|Miami at No. 9 Florida||ESPNU|
|9 p.m.||No. 1 Connecticut at No. 20 Stanford women||ESPN2|
|11 p.m.||No. 12 SMU at No. 15 Gonzaga||ESPN2|
|Legends Classic: Detroit at No. 22 Oregon||ESPNU|
|Tue, Nov 18||1 a.m.||Auburn at Colorado||ESPN2|
|3 a.m.||New Mexico State at Saint Mary’s||ESPN2|
|5 a.m.||High Point at Hawaii||ESPN2|
|7 a.m.||Iona at Wofford||ESPN2|
|9 a.m.||Northern Iowa at Stephen F. Austin||ESPN2|
|11 a.m.||Manhattan at UMass||ESPN2|
|Noon||Baylor at South Carolina||ESPN|
|2 p.m.||No. 5 Wichita State vs. Memphis (Sioux Falls, S.D.)||ESPN|
|4 p.m.||Utah at No. 20 San Diego State||ESPN|
|6 p.m.||College GameDay (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis)||ESPN|
|Legends Classic: Toledo at No. 14 VCU||ESPNU|
|7 p.m.||State Farm Champions Classic (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis): No. 18 Michigan State vs. No. 2 Duke||ESPN|
|7:30 p.m.||Marquette at Ohio State||ESPN2|
|9:30 p.m.||State Farm Champions Classic (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis): No. 10 Kansas vs. No. 1 Kentucky||ESPN|
|9:30 p.m.||Texas Tech at LSU||ESPN2|