Sunday NFL Countdown (ESPN, Sun., Jan. 1, at 11 a.m. ET)
Reporters at Sunday’s games:
- Patriots at Dolphins (Jeff Darlington)
- Cowboys at Eagles (Sal Paolantonio)
- Raiders at Broncos (Ed Werder)
- Chiefs at Chargers (Jim Trotter)
- Giants at Redskins (Britt McHenry)
- Packers at Lions (Josina Anderson)
- Playoff Scenarios – Countdown contributor/impressionist Frank Caliendo helps explain the remaining playoff and clinching scenarios as only he can.
- Backyard Boys – A look at Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson and how the duo makes things work after plays break down as the Packers find themselves on a five-game win streak and one game away from securing an unlikely division title.
- Countdown Cam – Landon Collins: The New York Giants standout safety gives viewers an inside look at his preparation on game day morning before playing the NFC East rival Washington Redskins.
- Soundtracks: Derek Carr was wired for sound during last week’s game when the Oakland Raiders quarterback suffered a season-ending leg injury.
- Images of the Year: Countdown looks back at the most memorable moments, plays and performances from the 2016 NFL season.
Other ESPN NFL shows airing Sunday:
- NFL Matchup (7 and 8:30 a.m. ET, ESPN2) – Sal Paolantonio hosts with Merril Hoge and Ron Jaworski.
- NFL Insiders: Sunday Edition (10 a.m. ET) – Trey Wingo hosts with Mark Dominik, Louis Riddick and Schefter.
- Fantasy Football Now (11 a.m. ET, ESPN2) – Michael Smith hosts the two-hour show with Berry, injury analyst Stephania Bell, NFL analyst Tim Hasselbeck, NFL reporter Field Yates and anchor Sara Walsh.
Steve Smith Sr. on Mike and Mike and First Take on Tuesday, Jan. 3
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr., who announced this week that he will likely retire at the end of this NFL season, will be an in-studio guest on ESPN Radio and ESPN2’s Mike and Mike and ESPN’s First Take on Tuesday, January 3. The 16-year NFL veteran has made multiple appearances this season with Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. His Tuesday visit with First Take’s Stephen A. Smith , Max Kellerman and Molly Qerim will be part of the weekday morning studio debate program’s first show on ESPN (10 a.m. – noon ET) after moving from ESPN2.
ESPN Radio: Raiders at Broncos in Matchup of AFC West Rivals
ESPN Radio will broadcast the Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos game from Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium in Denver (Sunday, 4 p.m.). Commentators: Adam Amin and analyst Chris Canty.