Seventh visit to Duke’s campus; First time for non-UNC vs. Duke matchup
The 13th season of ESPN College GameDay Covered by State Farm will open in Durham, N.C., in advance of the Saturday Primetime presented by AT&T matchup between ACC opponents – No. 7 Duke and Miami on Saturday, Jan. 21 (ESPN, 8:15 p.m.). The morning show begins at 11 a.m. on ESPN, followed by an evening edition leading into the game telecast at 8 p.m.
College GameDay Covered by State Farm is hosted by Rece Davis, who is joined by analysts Jay Bilas, Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams. Bilas will join Dan Shulman and reporter Maria Taylor on the call of the game.
The times for the previously announced ESPN netflex matchups are Syracuse at No. 20 Notre Dame (noon), No. 14 Louisville at No. 9 Florida State (2 p.m.), Michigan State at Indiana (4 p.m.) and South Carolina at No. 6 Kentucky (6 p.m.). The ESPN2 games are Georgia at Texas A&M (noon), Iowa State at Oklahoma (2 p.m.) and Alabama at Auburn (4 p.m.).
College GameDay’s location will be announced the previous week during the 11 a.m. telecast, ensuring visits to the top storylines and games appearing on ESPN networks each week.
- Duke will host GameDay for the seventh time, tied with Kansas for the most all-time
- This is the first time that GameDay has come to Durham for anything other than Duke-UNC
- This will be GameDay’s first trip to a Duke game that Mike Krzyzewski didn’t coach
- The Blue Devils are on GameDay for the 14th time, only UNC has been featured more frequently (15 times)
- Duke hosted the final GameDay trip of last season – it is the first time a school has hosted consecutive shows
- Duke is featured on GameDay for the eighth-straight year
- Miami is on GameDay for the second time (the other was also a season-opening trip at UNC in January, 2009)