Downloadable ESPN Images: http://bit.ly/2mZpReH
ESPN’s inaugural 24-hour Tournament Challenge Marathon – from the network’s Bristol, Conn., and Los Angeles studios, plus a set presence from Las Vegas on Monday, March 13 through Tuesday, March 14 – featured a variety of Tournament Challenge-themed programming, constant original content, over 30 ESPN personalities and very little sleep for everyone involved.
By the end of the Tournament Challenge Marathon, ESPN had collected more than 10 million brackets and had its largest one-day total ever with 4,211,200 on Tuesday, beating the previous mark of 3,830,222 brackets set on Monday.
Working through a blizzard in Bristol, to late-night antics in Los Angeles, to a roof-top set in Las Vegas, the Tournament Challenge Marathon provided valuable bracket-building information across television shows, ESPN Digital, ESPN Stats & Information, ESPN Social and much more, while highlighting the new and improved ESPN Tournament Challenge App.
A few highlights (too many to choose from!):
Live Content & Interviews:
- Tournament Challenge Marathon Rece Davis Sign-Off & Recap Video: https://vimeo.com/208492963
- “Bear’s Den” with Chris “The Bear” Fallica: https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/841541516447354882
- “Fantasy Island” with Mike Golic, Jr. & Reese Waters Giving Trippy #BracketTips: http://es.pn/2noTcwQ
- Seth Greenberg, Dan Dakich Fun with Harlem Globetrotters: https://vimeo.com/208501224
- Kenny Mayne Takes on Vegas: http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=18903593
- Davis, Dakich Weather Report: https://twitter.com/espn/status/841690306328297473
- Dakich Embraces the Blizzard – http://es.pn/2npDz8y
- Mike & Mike Mental Test with Jay Williams: http://es.pn/2mVOtEX
- Geno Auriemma ‘Never Envisioned’ This Year’s Success: http://es.pn/2mUoH4f
- Potential Duke/Elon Matchup between Mother/Daughter: https://vimeo.com/208493400
- Dick Vitale, Brent Musburger Join the Vegas Set: https://vimeo.com/208531230
- Guess the Line with Adam Amin, Sean Farnham & Stanford Steve: http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=18908981
- Frank Caliendo Channels Morgan Freeman: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18905050&ex_cid=espntw&sf62263520=1
- Mike Golic Pays off Bet with Rebecca Lobo: http://es.pn/2noT1Sm
- Jalen & Jacoby Dish about Michigan’s dreaded 1993 loss to UNC: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18904028
- ESPN CFB Analyst Kirk Herbstreit Joins the Fun: https://vimeo.com/208513280
- OTL’s Jeremy Schaap Investigates ESPN’s Worst Brackets: http://es.pn/2noTpQL
- How to Fill Out Brackets on ESPN Tournament Challenge App – http://es.pn/2nn9Oov
- #BracketTips from the Pros- http://es.pn/2mYm4y9
- How to Predict Tournament Upsets – http://es.pn/2lXNdSI
- How to Bet on the First Round: http://es.pn/2lTS4UO
- Over 24 VSA’s or “Vitale Service Announcements” interrupted live content: http://es.pn/2nmViND
- College GameDay Lego Time Lapse: https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/841777541606178817
- ESPNU’s #LittleExperts had a brilliant explanation of why Cinderella won’t make it far in the NCAA Tournament: https://twitter.com/ESPNU/status/841727477735161858
ESPN’s Tournament Challenge
ESPN’s Tournament Challenge game returns for its 20th season and will again be free for entrants to submit up to 25 entries each for the Men’s and Women’s tournament at ESPN.com/bracket or the ESPN Tournament Challenge App for iOS and Android. New features in the ESPN TC App include the ability to pre-fill brackets before Selection Sunday, Group enhancements to make play with friends and family easier, an all-new News tab, advanced Bracketcast design and functionality, better ESPN Insider integrations, and improved push notifications for up-to-the-second bracket, news and video updates.
Last year, the Men’s Tournament Challenge game was once again the most popular bracket game in the nation, with 13.0 million brackets, a new all-time mark that surpassed the previous year’s record of 11.6 million. At the peak period of entries leading up to the Round of 64 last year, fans registered 18,503 brackets per minute (308 brackets per second).
At the end of the tournament, all Men’s Tournament Challenge entries finishing in the top 1 percent will be entered in a random drawing to win a trip for two to the 2017 Maui Invitational and a $10,000 Amazon Gift Card prize. In the Women’s Tournament Challenge, entries finishing in the top 1 percent will be entered in a random drawing for a $3,000 Amazon Gift Card. Entries for the Men’s Tournament Challenge game will be accepted until just prior to the tip-off of the Tournament’s first game on Thursday, March 16. The Women’s Tournament Challenge will accept registration until just prior to tip-off of the first game on Friday, March 17.
When fans log in to fill out their brackets and throughout the tournaments, they will have the ability to donate to the V Foundation and enter for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to the 2017 Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden, which fields top-caliber matchups, pitting UConn versus Syracuse and Gonzaga against Villanova, in a doubleheader on December 5. The prize package includes two tickets, airfare, accommodations, a signed basketball from all four coaches, and a $400 gift card. To enter the sweepstakes, visit: www.v.org/win. No donation is necessary to win.
Also new the Tournament Challenge this year, ESPN will award an ESPYS Grand Prize Package to the winner of a random drawing from among entries finishing in the top 1 percent of the five largest Celebrity Groups. The prize includes tickets and travel to Los Angeles for the 2017 ESPYS in July.